Personal information that you submit to this Website will be used only for the purpose for which it was asked. Aggregate, non-personally identifying information may be both used internally and shared externally (for example, the number of TurkishWIN users).
This policy was last modified on October 3, 2010.
This Website is not intended for use by persons under the age of thirteen. Individuals who are under the age of thirteen are expressly prohibited from submitting to Turkish Women's International Network or posting to the Website any personally identifiable information about themselves.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our Website, or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, education and work history, credit card information or additional information, which may include but is not limited to professional skills, areas of expertise, preferences for types of assignments and work arrangements, preferences in geographic locations, and any additional comments you would like to provide.
You may, however, visit our Website anonymously. You can also amend or update your Turkish Women's International Network profile at any time. Moreover, you can close your account at any time.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
• To improve our Website (we continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To process transactions
• To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you become a TurkishWIN member.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.After a transaction, your private information (credit card information) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Website policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
Prohibited User Content
Members can be held liable for any illegal or prohibited User Content they provide to the Website or to other members, including, for example, infringing, defamatory, or offensive materials. So that the Website is available for all users to enjoy, you may not, and hereby represent and warrant that you will not, post, transmit, email or otherwise make accessible on or through the Website User Content that:
· Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, abusive, disparaging, pedophilic, pornographic, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or malicious;
· Contains hate propaganda or promotes discrimination or violence against any people on account of their race, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation;
· Is or could be harmful to minors;
· Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
· Involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing (or "spamming");
· Promotes information that you know is false, misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct;
· Is or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, or providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices;
· Infringes any patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any other party;
· Contains restricted password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
· Provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
· Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, or providing or creating computer viruses;
· Contains a software virus or any other code files or programs that are designed to or have the ability to interrupt, destroy, compromise, or otherwise limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment whether owned by Turkish Women's International Network or any other party;
· Solicits passwords, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; or
· Otherwise violates any local, state, national or other applicable law or regulation. In addition, you may not, in connection with your use of the Website:
· Impersonate any person or entity, including a Turkish Women's International Network officer or employee, or falsely misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity;
· Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers for the purpose of disguising the origin of any User Content posted or transmitted through or on the Website;
· Engage in commercial activities and/or sales without Turkish Women's International Network's prior written consent including, without limitation, contests, sweepstakes, barter, or advertising;
· Post or transmit any Content that you do not have the right to post or transmit;
· Post or submit unsolicited commercial e-mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or seek or encourage others to engage in these activities;
· Disrupt the ordinary flow and operation of any portion of the Website, including causing a screen to scroll faster than another User may be able to type in a chat room or bulletin board environment;
· Interfere with or disrupt the Website or any server or network involved with the operation of the Website;
· Stalk or harass any other person; or
· Collect or "harvest" from the Website the names of other users for the purpose of transmitting to those other users unsolicited commercial messages.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our Website may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
295 Greenwich Street #343
New York, New York 10007